Apptius has worked on some really interesting projects with some really great businesses
and people. Here is a short list of some of highlights from some of the projects
where Apptius’ professionals have delivered high quality results:
Business Analysis and Organizational Process Consulting
- A large reengineering project to amalgamate the provincial and municipal
Welfare organization processes and systems for a provincial government.
Utilized a variety of techniques including functional diagrams and descriptive models,
client objectives/organization reviews and analysis, and information system reviews.
- Development of a strategy to reform and improve citizen and support worker
access to social services systems. Created linkage between departmental
IT plans to the overall direction for the department business. This required the
analysis of the business operations and the development of an enterprise business
model and IT architecture.
- Business Process Reengineering of a software solutions organization and
processes to increase customer satisfaction and customer retention performance
that directly affected the revenue stream from service/maintenance agreement renewal
program. Implemented measures to optimize and align company resources with plans,
to continue meeting key short-term revenue and cost reduction goals and to establish
the foundation to achieve long-term corporate objectives.
- Business requirements and functional review to acquire and migrate a national
Manufacturing and Distribution organization to a new ERP system. This involved
working with stakeholders and business teams to reengineer and implement new business
processes to take advantage of the new solution functionality.
Strategic Systems Planning
- Creation and implementation of a business driven strategic system plan for
a national food processing company with revenues in excess of $300 million.
- Development of strategic plans to guide the development and maintenance
of business enabling solutions for a large public sector department in
- Development of a strategic plan to support the delivery of health care services
for a large regional group of hospitals in Manitoba.
Enterprise Application Integration
- An enterprise wide multi-channel revenue management solution with
seamless interface to legacy and corporate packaged applications or databases to
retrieve transaction related data or to perform specific business rules.
- Acquisition, modification and implementation of an enterprise distribution
system to support the Sales, Invoicing, Inventory Control, Manufacturing
and Shipping activities of a national food processor with offices across Canada.
Systems Analysis and Design
- Design and development of an integrated suite of software applications
to improve business workflow in specific areas of the International Pharmacy sector.
- Design and development of a multi-user application for a newsprint and pulp
mill to track employee accidents, produce reports for safety management,
track employee training history, produce reports for employee training management,
Maintenance Shutdown Planning System (with Microsoft Project integration), Mill
Crew Scheduling, Log Book, Database Replicator, Hydraulics Data Entry Database,
and the Safe Work Permit system.
- Design and development of an application for an agricultural association
to manage over $150 million in producer cash advance accounts. The application handles
the issuing of cash advance cheques, entry of loan repayments, management reporting,
loan interest calculation and posting, and integration with an accounting system.
- Design and development of Union Management System to handle membership and
dues management for several union organizations. The system significantly
reduces the administrative workload by automating dues records posting, arrears
notice generation and provides efficient access to mailing labels and reports.
- Design and develop an Internet-based manufacturing e-Commerce Gateway to
transmit and exchange information with suppliers in Mexico and Asia. The
final solution provided three separate access points to supplier information: an
Intranet component, a Web Site component, and a mobile user component.
- Development and delivery of an enterprise wide revenue management system
for the municipal government of a large city in the northern United States,
capable of accepting sales transactions for a number of different departments using
alternate channels (i.e. web, IVR, Kiosk).
- Large enterprise e-government initiative for a Canadian province.
- Public Sector Information Systems Branch reengineering initiative
including the refocus of IT resources on business consulting and outsourcing of
operational support services.
- Series of systems development/integration projects to enable Social
Services reform in Manitoba.
- Modification and implementation of an ERP system to support a National
Manufacturing and Distribution organization that involved the implementation of
new business processes.
- Building of a new complex IT environment and implementing Client/Server
Gaming systems, establishing Technical Support, and Quality Assurance,
and Office Automation systems for three Casinos and the Video Lottery Division for
a Crown Corporation.