Web Developers with Life Cycle Experience
Industry leading benefits!
- Healthcare Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Health and Welfare Trust
- Paid Vacation
- Professional Development
- Out of Country Medical
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
Apptius strives to create a continuous learning environment in which you can grow and build your career. Our people have the opportunity to learn everywhere they turn, through exposure to mentors, challenging work assignments and training opportunities.
The ideal candidate is a Web Developer who designs and builds web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques and tools and designs and develops user interface features, site animation and special-effects elements. The candidate will contribute to the design group's efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization's online offerings. The candidate will also design the website to support the organization's strategies and goals relative to external communications. This position typically requires a college degree in fine arts or graphic design and requires understanding of web-based technologies and thorough knowledge of HTML, PhotoShop, Illustrator and/or other design-related applications.
Required Work Experience
- Candidate must be an accomplished individual contributor on a project team, with expertise in programming in a Web-based environment
- Working closely with Project Manager and exhibit initiative and leadership, while providing guidance and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Experience working with JSP/Servlet, J2EE, EJB and JDBC
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience with large relational databases and writing database SQL queries
- Familiar with distributed N-Tier architecture theory and practice Participation in at least one full life cycle of a software project and have excellent communication skills
- College or University education or equivalent IT and related training
- Excellent analytical and design skills using a structured approach such as UML and use-case analysis
- Good understanding of entire development process, including specification, coding and quality assurance. Aware of programming development issues as they impact the overall project plans
- Thorough understanding of technology issues relative to software development
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement software including compiling, executing and debugging applications
- Excellent understanding of software development and version control methodologies
- Strong process development skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have strong knowledge of MS Explorer and Netscape Navigator
- Team player with the ability to maintain excellent working relationships with customers and vendors
- Able to self-manage and deliver on multiple, simultaneous client projects
To apply for this position, email Apptius at email@example.com and quote the position name in your subject. Word and PDF submissions accepted.
Only candidates who are current residents of Canada, specifically Winnipeg, Manitoba, and who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.